- Do you have an idea for a farm or food business and want to learn what it takes to start?
- Do you have a new business and want to start selling at farmers’ markets?
- Are you an existing farmers’ market vendors looking to validate a new product?
If you answered yes to any of the above, this one-day workshop is for you!
Learn from someone who knows what it takes to start a food business first-hand and can help you avoid costly mistakes. Andrea Gray-Grant, Founder and CEO of Good to Grow, will teach you how to build a strong foundation and successfully establish your company at the farmers’ market – the first point of entry when it comes to selling your products.
- Roadmapping Your Business
- Research Your Customer
- Recipe Development – Scaling & Costing
- Branding and Labeling your Package
- Pricing, Margins and Building in Future Distribution
- Building a Successful Farmer’s Market Experience
- Access to all of the workshop slides
- 7 handouts to help you research your market and customer, calculate your cost of goods sold, build an appropriate selling price, complete a competitive audit, source packaging, and more!
Andrea Gray-Grant is the CEO and founder of Good to Grow. She is a leading food business educator, coach and advocate with over 25 years of sales and marketing experience in the natural food industry. Andrea has first hand experience in launching a food business and the hard earned lessons that come with it. She has supported more than 1,000 B.C. food and beverage brands to success.
Good to Grow is a team of food industry experts and business educators who create success for B.C. food and beverage brands. They provide one-on-one coaching, workshops, learning cohorts, and signature events From The Ground Up Conference and Trade Show and Pitch & Plate. Andrea and team believe a food-secure, sustainable future for B.C. starts with local first.
About BC Farmers’ Markets
BC Farmers’ Markets is the voice of our sector, supporting 145+ farmers’ markets where 6,000+ vendor businesses sell across BC. Find a farmers’ market near you at bcfarmersmarkettrail.com and for more information about BC Farmers’ Markets visit bcfarmersmarket.org